How Our Dental Office is Providing Safe Dental Treatments During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As Health Care Professionals, Regent Avenue Dental Centre is taking precautions to keep our patients, our team and the community safe through the pandemic. We remain open to serve you, your family and friends’ dental needs throughout this time.
The following are some of the precautions that our office is taking to protect everyone:
- Patients must call the office before entering.
- All patients are pre-screened before presenting in office.
- Walk-in patients are not allowed without calling and pre-screening.
- Masks/Face Shields are mandatory in the clinic for the team and patients.
- Patients are asked to arrive 10 minutes before their appointment time and call the office for further direction.
- Patients are asked to wait in their vehicles to avoid congestion in the waiting area.
- Upon arrival, patients are asked to wear a mask/face shield, sanitize their hands, their temperature is taken on the wrist and recorded and a COVID questionnaire must be completed.
- Plexiglass has been installed in the administration area.
- Patients are asked to keep their mask/face shield on until the clinician has given permission to remove it.
- Patients are asked to do a pre-procedural rinse to reduce the viral and bacterial load in the mouth.
- Clinicians wear medical grade masks, face shields and full PPE when attending patients.
- Once the clinician is complete with your care, you will be asked to put your mask/face shield back on immediately ensuring to cover your nose and mouth completely before getting up from the chair.
- You will be guided from your chair to the front administration area to complete the required paperwork.
- All touch receptacles are thoroughly disinfected following a schedule.
- All instruments are sterilized following government standards, and all areas in the operatories are thoroughly disinfected between each patient.